REPORT: Survey reveals how Americans really feel about socialism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
In a year when Bernie Sanders is making his second run for president and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has become a political Twitter star eclipsed only by Donald Trump, socialism is on the rise among Americans – especially women.
A Harris Poll conducted for Axios found that 55 per cent of U.S. women between the ages of 18 and 55 would rather live in a socialist society than a capitalist one.
The article goes on to state the following:
That number was 40 per cent overall, including men, suggesting men are far more suspicious of communal ownership and control of everything in American society.
New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, both self-described Democratic socialists, have pulled their party to the left with promises of expanded government benefits and handouts.
So the system of government that has led to famine and death in Venezuela during recent years, and which undergirded Soviet communism, is finding new life in the United States.
They claim they’re angling for a kinder, gentler form of socialism, one that combines central control of money and things with democratic elections to choose the people who hold the enlarged levers of power.
About that @Axios poll on socialism today … they haven’t released the “crosstab” data, we don’t know the wording of the question and we have no clue about the poll’s methology, sample size or margin for error. I asked them for this 2-1/2 hours ago. Nada. https://t.co/WGqzEWXZGT
— David Martosko (@dmartosko) June 10, 2019
A Harris poll for “Axios on HBO” finds that socialism is gaining popularity: 4 in 10 Americans say they would prefer living in a socialist country over a capitalist one. https://t.co/VuIDBZdGsO
— Axios (@axios) June 9, 2019
According to a new poll, 55% of women between 18 and 54 would rather live in a socialist country than a capitalist one. Why? Socialism has a 0% success rate. #Socialism #Women #StopSocialismChooseFreedom https://t.co/DqvwUM8t1x
— Jenny Beth Martin (@jennybethm) June 10, 2019
Poll: 4 in 10 Americans say they would prefer living in a socialist country over a capitalist one https://t.co/DRywhwpKyx
— Paul Tudor Owen (@PaulTOwen) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Ryan Costello Dead: MLB Prospect’s Final Tweet Concerned His Health
- BREAKING: Supreme Court takes action on House subpoena of Trump financial records
- BREAKING: Three dead after shooting spree at Oklahoma Walmart
- VIDEO: GOP Rep. says impeachment hearings should be postponed due to new development
- REPORT: Navy SEAL slams Biden for attacking Trump’s military pardons
- BREAKING: Pompeo announces reversal of Obama policy on Israel [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Biden Says Americans Can Handle ‘Eight Years Of Donald Trump’
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- REPORT: Trump rips into Pence aide who called Ukraine call ‘inappropriate’
- REPORT: White House Staffer Wanted To See Trump’s ‘Downfall’ Book Claims