REPORT: Supreme Court session begins without ill conservative justice
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was reportedly absent from the bench Monday as the court reconvened for its new term.
Chief Justice John Roberts said in his opening remarks that Thomas was “indisposed” due to an illness but said the conservative judge would still be participating in deciding the three cases the court is hearing arguments about, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
Thomas, 71, was appointed to the court in 1991. He is the longest-serving justice on the court and one of its most conservative justices.
Specific details on Thomas’s illness was not provided.
Justice Clarence Thomas was absent from the bench as the Supreme Court officially began its new term. At the open of proceedings, Chief Justice John Roberts said Thomas “was unable to be present today” and is “indisposed because of illness.” @ABCPolitics
— Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- REPORT: Dozens rendered unconscious by Minneapolis police neckholds in past five years
- VIDEO: Some police officers support protesters by taking a knee
- REPORT: Cuomo calls for independent investigations into all police brutality allegations
- VIDEO: Keith Ellison responds to son’s Antifa tweet
- REPORT: 25-year-old arrested for allegedly setting fire to historic courthouse
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House