REPORT: Supreme Court session begins without ill conservative justice
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was reportedly absent from the bench Monday as the court reconvened for its new term.
Chief Justice John Roberts said in his opening remarks that Thomas was “indisposed” due to an illness but said the conservative judge would still be participating in deciding the three cases the court is hearing arguments about, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
Thomas, 71, was appointed to the court in 1991. He is the longest-serving justice on the court and one of its most conservative justices.
Specific details on Thomas’s illness was not provided.
Justice Clarence Thomas was absent from the bench as the Supreme Court officially began its new term. At the open of proceedings, Chief Justice John Roberts said Thomas “was unable to be present today” and is “indisposed because of illness.” @ABCPolitics
— Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s Husband Shares Powerful Photo Reminding People Where Her Loyalties Lie
- BREAKING: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Identity revealed of wounded veteran who Trump saluted at Texas rally [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton pulls out of women’s event after learning who else was going to speak
- REPORT: Commentator says Elijah Cummings death was God’s revenge for taking on Trump
- VIDEO: 2016 Trump GOP Challenger Comes Out for Impeachment; The Left Reacts
- REPORT: Barbra Streisand shares VIOLENT cartoon of Pelosi and Trump
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement about Doral resort hosting G-7
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama ambassador being investigated for monitoring Trump allies, journalists