REPORT: Supreme Court rejects atheists’ attack on the phrase ‘In God We Trust’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Supreme Court rejected an atheist case Monday to remove “In God We Trust,” the national motto, from all coins and currency from the Department of Treasury.
Michael Newdow, the same activist attorney who tried to remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance, lost his case, arguing Congress’ mandate to inscribe “In God We Trust” on currency was a government endorsement of religion and a violation of the First Amendment.
The article goes on to state the following:
Newdow argued in his petition to the Supreme Court that because his clients are all atheist individuals or atheist groups, the government violated their “sincere religious belief” that there is no God and turned them into “political outsiders” by placing the phrase “In God We Trust” on their money.
Newdow’s petition was rejected by the justices without comment.
The Supreme Court rejected a case Monday brought by an atheist who wanted to scrub “In God We Trust,” the U.S. motto, from the nation’s currency. @WashTimes #SCOTUS #InGodWeTrust https://t.co/NFbqMU0oyb
— FRC (@FRCdc) June 10, 2019
The activist attorney also tried to remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance https://t.co/8l5NxpZmwt
— Free Telegraph (@freetelegraph) June 10, 2019
The phrase “In God We Trust” first appeared on coins in 1864, and Congress passed legislation in 1955 requiring all paper and coin currency to bear the words.
It’ll stay that way, SCOTUS says. https://t.co/TP0u79Jqz0
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 10, 2019
Supreme Court denies atheist groups’ attempt to take ‘In God We Trust’ off money https://t.co/cf7cAqNE9k
— TheBlaze (@theblaze) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Meghan Markle appears to be corrected by Prince Harry in viral Trooping the Colour video
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Trump brings out the chopping block with executive order on ‘advisory boards’
- REPORT: Teen goes berserk during graduation practice, stabs principal in chest
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- BREAKING: Judge makes decision on lawsuit from ex-Trump campaign staffer with kissing allegation
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing