REPORT: State primary pushed back due to coronavirus spread
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rhode Island’s presidential primary has been pushed back as the coronavirus outbreak forces the public to stay at home.
Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo reached the decision to delay the contest from April 28 to June 2 based on recommendations by the state’s Board of Elections, she said.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Last week, the Board of Elections requested that the presidential primary election be postponed from April 28 to June 2 and that the election take place primarily by mail ballot. I am following the advice of the Board of Elections, and will sign an executive order to do this,” Raimondo tweeted Monday.
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event
- REPORT: Biden Has Earned 11 Pinocchios From Fact-Checkers During Coronavirus Crisis
- VIDEO: WWII veteran recovers from coronavirus in time to celebrate 104th birthday [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: TWO cops from same police department die of COVID-19 on the same day [PHOTOS]