REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by PRESSHERALD.COM:
AUGUSTA — Maine’s House is now opposing a proposal to join states pledging to award Electoral College tallies to the national popular vote winner in presidential elections.
The bill received pushback in a 68-79 vote Monday in the House.
The article goes on to state the following:
That vote’s not enough to join the National Vote Interstate Compact. The agreement would only kick in when enough states join to reach 270 electoral votes.
The House just rejected (again) the bill to add Maine to the states pushing to elect presidents via the national popular. The vote was 68-79, which is almost opposite of the 77-69 vote last week. #mepolitics
— Kevin Miller (@KevinMillerPPH) June 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit PRESSHERALD.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting PRESSHERALD.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly