REPORT: State governor signs ‘Save Chick-Fil-A bill’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has signed into law a bill meant to protect private entities from punishment over actions they take due to their religious beliefs.
The bill, which was signed into law Monday, according to local news affiliate KVUE, came in response to efforts to remove a Chick-fil-A location from the San Antonio airport from San Antonio’s city council. Consequently, the bill has been dubbed the “Save-Chick-Fil-A bill,” according to local news outlet KVUE.
The article goes on to state the following:
Abbott himself signed the bill shortly after posting on social media a picture of him eating Chick-fil-A.
Chick-fil-A critics denounce the restaurant because they say its owners support anti-gay groups and oppose gay marriage. These positions, they contend, should prohibit the fast-food chain from operating in the airport.
Despite those arguments, the chain will be protected. According to KVUE, the bill will go into effect on September 1.
— Spectrum News SA (@SpecNewsSA) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- VIDEO: Country singer icon declares support for O’Rourke
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
- REPORT: Former Trump Cabinet secretary and former GOP senator pay big bucks to attend Biden fundraiser
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- BREAKING: Trump announces major shakeup on Secretary of Defense appointment
- UPDATE: DOJ allegedly intervenes to change where Manafort will be incarcerated
- EXCLUSIVE: DML tweets update to Trump about Fox News