REPORT: Stacey Abrams’ Has ‘Nothing To Hide’: Lawyer
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
An attorney for Stacey Abrams says the failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate has “nothing to hide” after the state ethics commission announced it would subpoena her campaign’s bank records.
Joyce Gist Lewis told the Georgia ethics commission on Monday that her client is prepared to cooperate with an investigation into her 2018 campaign for governor, according to a letter obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The letter, delivered to commission director David Emadi, said Abrams was “surprised” to first learn of the investigation through a media announcement.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Assuming that you are willing to articulate the good faith reasons for the records sought, my client will offer its full cooperation without the need to resort to a subpoena,” Lewis wrote. “Should any technical reporting errors be identified by your office, my client will promptly amend its reports, as is routine for campaign committees in the State of Georgia.”
Stacey Abrams’ Lawyer Says She Has ‘Nothing To Hide’ https://t.co/urXgCXizsw
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 15, 2019
.@StaceyAbrams’ attorney told the new head of the state ethics commission Monday she’s got “nothing to hide” and plans to cooperate with his request for records after he said he planned to subpoena her campaign’s bank records. #gapol https://t.co/yR0qvez8uj
— Greg Bluestein (@bluestein) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama gets pounded for response to attack on Christians in Sri Lanka