REPORT: ‘South Park’ creators offer fake apology to China after reported ban
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
The creators of “South Park” have offered a fake apology to China on Monday after the country reportedly censored the popular television show. The episode “Band in China” tackles the way Hollywood often tailors its content to avoid offending Chinese censors.
The reported censorship comes after China’s national broadcaster, CCTV, announced it would not air preseason NBA games taking place in Shenzhen after a team executive published a tweet supporting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to the Hollywood Reporter, a search of the social media company Weibo brings up no mention of South Park in “billions of past posts.” Full seasons and clips of the show have also disappeared on Alibaba-owned streaming service Youku.
South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone wrote on Twitter: “Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts. We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Tune into our 300th episode this Wednesday at 10! Long live the great Communist Party of China. May the autumn’s sorghum harvest be bountiful. We good now China?”
— South Park (@SouthPark) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Rubio fires warning shot at Twitter after it puts fact-check label on Trump tweet
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- Submit News
- REPORT: Bill Gates explains why he met with Epstein
- REPORT: Former CBS News president warns anti-Trump liberal media has gone too far
- REPORT: Man caught with MASSIVE wad of cash at airport after missing flight
- DML Live: How Trump can influence the end of Twitter, plus the impact of 100k dead
- VIDEO: Video shows altercation between looters and woman in wheelchair outside Minneapolis Target
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick