REPORT: South Carolina father accused of letting baby burn to death while fleeing cops
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A South Carolina father is being accused by police of letting his 1-year-old daughter burn to death inside the back of his flaming vehicle while trying to flee officers on foot after a highway chase.
Imhotep Osiris Norman, 26, of Spartanburg, is now facing a homicide by child abuse charge stemming from the incidents alleged to have unfolded Friday. If convicted on the felony charge, he could be sentenced anywhere from 20 years to life in prison, The State newspaper reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says officers first attempted to pull over Norman at around 10 p.m. in Greenville County after he was clocked doing 67 mph in a 45 mph zone. When Norman reportedly failed to stop, they gave chase and noticed that smoke and sparks were coming from his vehicle while it was barreling along Interstate-85.
The car eventually caught fire and Norman abandoned it, taking off on foot, according to Fox Carolina.
Police: Man fleeing police left child to die in burning car https://t.co/7IcxROEg0M
The car then burst into flames and 26-year-old Imhotep Osiris Norman fled on foot when it rolled to a stop. Investigators then found the body 1-year-old Xena Rah’Lah Norman in the car’s back seat pic.twitter.com/4vMqa2N3CZ
— Local 12/WKRC-TV (@Local12) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- OpEd: Megyn Kelly wants a comeback