REPORT: ‘Socialist’ candidate first to qualify for Maine’s 2020 primary
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) became the first candidate to qualify for the Maine Democratic presidential primary on Monday, his campaign announced in a press release.
The Sanders campaign said Monday that the Vermont senator had submitted 2,800 signatures from supporters in the state, 800 more than the number required for primary ballot access.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Senator Sanders has unmatched grassroots support making him one of the most competitive candidates not only in Maine, but across the country,” said Maine state Rep. Ben Collings (D), who has endorsed the Sanders campaign. “This volunteer-led effort places Senator Sanders on the ballot faster than any other candidate in the 2020 race, showing the strength of our movement in the Pine Tree State which will propel us to victory on March 3rd.”
Sanders trails the Democratic frontrunner in the race, former Vice President Joe Biden, in most nationwide polls.
— The Hill (@thehill) December 2, 2019
— Portland Press Herald (@PressHerald) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- REPORT: Asian American groups call on NBC to sever ties with Jay Leno after ‘eating dogs’ joke
- VIDEO: Chaos Erupts in London as Leftists Clash with Cops After Election
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- EXCLUSIVE: Miracles do happen, here is the proof
- VIDEO: New alarms raised about a popular home security company
- BREAKING: House Judiciary Committee VOTES on articles of impeachment against Trump, Gohmert leaves nothing to chance [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain slams claims that detention centers are ‘torture facilities’
- VIDEO: Intel chief loses patience with Schiff in tense hearing