REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBC25NEWS.COM:
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) — The Social Security Administration announced Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for nearly 69 million Americans will increase 1.6 percent in 2020.
The administration said the 1.6 percent cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) will begin with benefits payable to more than 63 million Social Security beneficiaries in January 2020 and increased payments to more than 8 million SSI beneficiaries will begin on December 31, 2019.
The article goes on to state the following:
Social Security and SSI beneficiaries are normally notified by mail in early December about their new benefit amount. Most people who receive Social Security payments will be able to view their COLA notice online through their my Social Security account. People may create or access their my Social Security account online.
Check the SS website for more details.
Social Security recipients to get a 1.6% COLA increase in 2020. USA Today covers the story: https://t.co/sFaSr1LILD
— Paul Daly (@OMHPartnerGroup) December 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBC25NEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBC25NEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Hollywood icon calls out ‘blatant abuse of power’ in SAG acceptance speech
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- EXCLUSIVE: Gun rally takes shape in VA
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- VIDEO: Pelosi does impression of McConnell; uses grim nickname
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders explains difference between him and Elizabeth Warren
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]