REPORT: Shocking cost revealed of New York City’s plan to install subway elevators
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
New York City is planning to spend $5.5 billion over five years to install elevators throughout the city as part of a $54 billion plan to improve the city’s subway system.
The cost to install elevators in 70 out of the city’s 472 stations will cost about $78 million per station, according to a Metropolitan Transportation Authority estimate. Only about one in four subway stations in the city are presently handicapped-accessible.
The article goes on to state the following:
The high per-station cost is because the MTA needs to build two to three elevators at many of the stops to accommodate riders on each side of the platform. Existing structures will also potentially need to be moved, and the property the elevator will be on will need to be purchased.
The cost to install elevators in 70 out of NYC’s 472 stations will cost about $78M per station, according to an MTA estimate.
Only about one in four subway stations in the city are presently handicapped-accessible. https://t.co/C7a4UB6xh9
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s Husband Shares Powerful Photo Reminding People Where Her Loyalties Lie
- BREAKING: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Identity revealed of wounded veteran who Trump saluted at Texas rally [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton pulls out of women’s event after learning who else was going to speak
- REPORT: Commentator says Elijah Cummings death was God’s revenge for taking on Trump
- VIDEO: 2016 Trump GOP Challenger Comes Out for Impeachment; The Left Reacts
- REPORT: Barbra Streisand shares VIOLENT cartoon of Pelosi and Trump
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement about Doral resort hosting G-7
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama ambassador being investigated for monitoring Trump allies, journalists