REPORT: Shocking cost revealed of New York City’s plan to install subway elevators
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
New York City is planning to spend $5.5 billion over five years to install elevators throughout the city as part of a $54 billion plan to improve the city’s subway system.
The cost to install elevators in 70 out of the city’s 472 stations will cost about $78 million per station, according to a Metropolitan Transportation Authority estimate. Only about one in four subway stations in the city are presently handicapped-accessible.
The article goes on to state the following:
The high per-station cost is because the MTA needs to build two to three elevators at many of the stops to accommodate riders on each side of the platform. Existing structures will also potentially need to be moved, and the property the elevator will be on will need to be purchased.
The cost to install elevators in 70 out of NYC’s 472 stations will cost about $78M per station, according to an MTA estimate.
Only about one in four subway stations in the city are presently handicapped-accessible. https://t.co/C7a4UB6xh9
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- DML LIVE: Where’s Obama’s call for violence to stop? [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots
- VIDEO: Video shows moment woman threw Molotov cocktail at NYPD car