REPORT: Sherrod Brown: Cory Booker sounds ‘like me’ in campaign pitch
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) on Sunday joked that Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) had co-opted both his message and his voice on the campaign trail in Iowa.
“It’s one thing for you to talk about the dignity of work, but to be willing to lose your voice to sound like me while doing it, that shows real commitment @CoryBooker,” Brown tweeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Fighting for the dignity of work is how we should govern and it’s how we win in 2020,” he added.
“I want to challenge everybody in this room to understand that there is dignity in all work and career professions,” Booker said, calling for the implementation of apprenticeship programs that would provide more pathways to viable careers.
Booker’s pitch closely aligned with the title of Brown’s previously announced “Dignity of Work” tour across the country. Brown campaigned last year on the concept of the “dignity of work” during his reelection bid.
It’s one thing for you to talk about the dignity of work, but to be willing to lose your voice to sound like me while doing it, that shows real commitment @CoryBooker. 😉
Fighting for the dignity of work is how we should govern and it’s how we win in 2020. pic.twitter.com/e3EFvvdTBa
— Sherrod Brown (@SherrodBrown) February 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Country singer icon declares support for O’Rourke
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
- BREAKING: Trump announces major shakeup on Secretary of Defense appointment
- REPORT: Former Trump Cabinet secretary and former GOP senator pay big bucks to attend Biden fundraiser
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders delivers response to Trump’s speech at re-election rally
- EXCLUSIVE: DML tweets update to Trump about Fox News
- VIDEO: Angela Merkel seen shaking uncontrollably at event with visiting Ukrainian president