REPORT: Shep Smith shuts down French commentator suggesting Notre Dame fire wasn’t an accident
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Fox News anchor Shep Smith abruptly cut off an interview on Monday with a French commentator floating conspiracy theories about the fire burning at Notre Dame.
Smith’s guest was French media analyst and former elected official Philippe Karsenty who said the blaze burning at the Parisian landmark was “like a 9/11.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s like a 9/11, it’s a French 9/11. It’s a big shock,” Karsenty said. “The church was there for more than 850 years. Even the Nazis tried to destroy it.”
He said there have been churches “desecrated each and every week all over France” in recent years.
“So, of course, you will hear the story of the political correctness which will tell you it’s probably an accident —” Karsenty said before Smith interrupted.
“Sir, sir, we’re not going to speculate of the cause of something that we don’t know,” Smith said. “If you have observations or you know something, we would love to hear it.”
Shep Smith Shuts Down French Commentator From Speculating Terror Is Behind Notre Dame Fire https://t.co/3gJ9mRqBf7
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 15, 2019
— TheWrap (@TheWrap) April 15, 2019
Before you applaud Shep Smith for cutting off the conspiracy theorist on his show, note that the guest was introduced as a “French elected official,” even though he is not an official in any sense. He was convicted of defamation one time, though.https://t.co/qiFs0vjKLn
— Andy Campbell (@AndyBCampbell) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’