REPORT: Senate Republicans under pressure as House-passed bills pile up
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Republicans are coming under fire from Democrats over the pileup of House-passed bills and realizing they need to take action beyond confirming President Trump’s nominees.
Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) wants to get the appropriations process — which started off well last year and then stalled — back on track and rekindle talk of an infrastructure package, despite broad pessimism among his GOP colleagues about finding a way to pay for it.
The article goes on to state the following:
Republicans say they expect movement on the National Defense Authorization Act, reauthorization of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act and an overhaul of the National Flood Insurance Program.
100 Days into the Democratic House, and we’ve introduced and passed bills to:
Defend the ACA,
Protect voting rights,
End dark money,
Protect equality, and
Reform gun laws.
And we’re just getting started.
— Adam Schiff (@AdamSchiff) April 13, 2019
Mitch McConnell is hoping we give up—don’t let him win.
Call your senators and urge them to hold a vote on universal background checks. The House passed their bill 44 days ago. Dial 1-877-960-2185 or text SAFE to 90975. #BackgroundChecksNow pic.twitter.com/4pSZQtawLY
— Giffords (@GiffordsCourage) April 14, 2019
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "We didn't have a Speaker who would bring a gun bill to the floor, we didn't have a Speaker who would bring the DREAMers issue to the floor. We do now" pic.twitter.com/leffEyo8YB
— Edward Hardy (@EdwardTHardy) April 13, 2019
House Democrats have blocked a bill to protect born alive infants who survive botched abortions 25 times.
25 times Democrats have refused outright to stand up for the most vulnerable Americans among us.
Who do they represent?
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch: Students Say Obama Immigration Quote Is ‘Racist’
- REPORT: Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- REPORT: Justin Bieber makes public appeal to Trump
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe comments on possibility of running for office
- REPORT: ‘I just made it up’… Florida Dem admits lying about Pulse shooting
- REPORT: O’Rourke releases plan affecting Social Security
- REPORT: Twitter Suspends Angel Mom for Posting About Illegal Immigration
- VIDEO: Knifeman storms on stage and STABS Tomb Raider star