REPORT: Senate rejection of Trump border emergency no longer certain
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
WASHINGTON – The White House and Republican senators sought compromise Tuesday on limiting presidents’ powers to unilaterally declare national emergencies, as chances improved that President Donald Trump might avoid a long-expected rejection by Congress of his effort to divert billions more for building barriers along the Mexican border.
As a Thursday showdown vote in the Senate neared, GOP Sens. Mike Lee of Utah, Thom Tillis of North Carolina and others were talking with the White House about related legislation that would curb the ability of presidents to declare future emergencies. If Trump would commit to signing a bill handcuffing future emergency declarations, more GOP senators might support his border emergency declaration in Thursday’s vote.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lee and Tillis were among five GOP senators who met privately Tuesday at the Capitol with Vice President Mike Pence as Republicans sought a way to bolster support for Trump in Thursday’s crucial vote. Since the Democratic-run House voted last month to block Trump, Senate passage of the resolution rejecting the border emergency would send it to the White House, where it would face a certain veto — Trump’s first.
By late Tuesday, there were indications that GOP opposition to Trump’s emergency along the Mexican border was softening. If it stands, the declaration would let Trump divert $3.6 billion from military construction projects to build border barriers, even though Congress had voted to limit him to less than $1.4 billion for barrier construction in the budget.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Senate rejection of Trump border emergency no longer certainhttps://t.co/GUB5meP44Y
— MAGA Party Support (@MAGASupport) March 13, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Head of Warner Bros. steps down amid reports of affair with actress
- REPORT: Santorum: Trump should ‘send emails to a therapist’ instead of tweeting
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- BREAKING: Florida prosecutors offer deal to drop charges against Robert Kraft
- REPORT: Cause of death released for ‘Young & Restless” star Kristoff St. John
- REPORT: Snorkeling tour scam left teens stranded on ‘snake-infested’ island
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’