REPORT: After Senate lunch, Grassley says Trump is pushing for THIS
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump told Republican senators during a meeting on Tuesday that he still wants congressional action to lower drug prices, even though the coronavirus pandemic has sucked up oxygen, according to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).
Trump’s comments came during a closed-door lunch with GOP senators on Capitol Hill, where Grassley, a longtime proponent of lowering drug prices, asked Trump if the issue is still on the table.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I said the virus comes along and takes all your attention, so my question is do you still want us to put a bill on your desk to reduce drug prices?” Grassley recounted during an interview with Iowa radio station KSCJ on Wednesday.
Grassley said Trump “talked about it for a long period of time, as he takes a long time to answer questions, but he said yes, he expected us to put a bill on [his desk].”
Yesterday, @realDonaldTrump told Republican senators that he remains committed to lowering the cost of prescription drugs. @ChuckGrassley’s bill, the Prescription Drug Pricing Reduction Act, is the bipartisan solution that we must get to his desk. pic.twitter.com/KFZ11I8ANa
— Sen. Grassley Press (@GrassleyPress) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down