REPORT: Scientists believe they’ve found life-saving Ebola treatments
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Scientists have seen promising results in two of the four experimental Ebola drugs trialled in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, according to a recent study. One of the drugs was developed by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and the other by NIH researchers — who are now hopeful these drugs are “may able to improve the survival of people with Ebola.”
In the experiment, researchers compared ZMapp to three other drugs, which included Regeneron’s compound, the NIH’s called mAb114 and an antiviral drug named remdesivir. On Friday, researchers announced the Regeneron compound was working far better than the rest and the NIH antibody drug was also performing well.
The article goes on to state the following:
The study, which is its early stages, found a mortality rate of 30% for those who received either the Regeneron drug or the NIH’s drug. Half of those who received ZMapp died. Patients who received treatment early saw mortality rates of just 6% with the Regeneron drug and 11% with the NIH compound to about 24% for ZMapp.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police