REPORT: Schumer announces what he’ll do with Epstein campaign contributions
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday he will donate an amount of money that’s equivalent to the contributions accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein made to his campaign in the 1990s.
“While these campaign accounts closed about 20 years ago, and even then the campaign never controlled the two political action committees (PACs), Sen. Schumer is donating an equal sum to anti-sex trafficking and anti-violence against women groups,” Schumer spokesperson Justin Goodman said in a statement to The Hill
The article goes on to state the following:
Federal Election Commission filings compiled by OpenSecrets.org show that Schumer received seven $1,000 donations from Epstein between 1992 and 1997 through several PACs supporting his run for Senate.
Epstein has donated to the campaigns of both major political parties.
Schumer Donates Total Amount Given To Him By Epstein To Anti-Human Trafficking Charity https://t.co/oGhuKPdL1j
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) July 10, 2019
Senator Schumer received donations from Jeffrey Epstein.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant