REPORT: School bans children from playing ‘Tag’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
A primary school in the English seaside resort town of Brighton has banned children from playing the playground game ‘Tag’, claiming the game was “too rough” and encouraging kids to play with “gentle hands”.
Children have been playing tag and other ‘chase games’ for centuries; a version of the game was even mentioned in poetry from Ancient Greece, over 2,000 years ago. But modern-day British boys and girls are not capable of handling games like tag and British bulldog, argues Joanne Smith, the headmistress at the Rudyard Kipling Primary School & Nursery in Brighton.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a letter to parents, Mrs Smith said: “To clarify, ‘gentle hands’ does not mean ‘no touching’. The children are, of course, allowed to hold hands or play clapping games with a friend should they wish to.”
“Gentle Hands simply means playing games outside that do not need to be physical. This will ensure the playground is a happy, safe and calm place where everyone can enjoy their lunchtime running around and getting the exercise we know is important to them”, she added.
One parent said: “The game is played everywhere, it doesn’t need any instructions, it is naturally instinctive for children to play. The school has gone about this completely the wrong way.”
Another said: “Children need opportunities to get upset with each other and work it out. These are essential life skills.”
Nanny State: British School Bans Children from Playing ‘Tag’ https://t.co/0Cjggcl0j9
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Trump Delivers Remarks to Rural Stakeholders on California Water Accessibility
- VIDEO: Jenna Bush Hager Reveals Chat She Had With Dad About Alcohol That Changed How She Views Drinking
- REPORT: Impeachment jackpot: Senate GOP announces record-breaking fundraising for January
- WATCH LIVE: Trump speaks at campaign rally in Colorado Springs, massive crowd waits over 24 hours
- REPORT: Former Obama AG Eric Holder tells conservative journalist to ‘shut the hell up,’ gets pounded in return
- BREAKING: U.S. slaps sanctions on five Iranian officials over elections
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trump goes after Klobuchar during campaign rally, she responds
- VIDEO: Rep. Nunes rips Mitt Romney, compares him to James Comey
- VIDEO: Two 2020 Dem presidential candidates couldn’t name Mexican president in interview