REPORT: School bans children from playing ‘Tag’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
A primary school in the English seaside resort town of Brighton has banned children from playing the playground game ‘Tag’, claiming the game was “too rough” and encouraging kids to play with “gentle hands”.
Children have been playing tag and other ‘chase games’ for centuries; a version of the game was even mentioned in poetry from Ancient Greece, over 2,000 years ago. But modern-day British boys and girls are not capable of handling games like tag and British bulldog, argues Joanne Smith, the headmistress at the Rudyard Kipling Primary School & Nursery in Brighton.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a letter to parents, Mrs Smith said: “To clarify, ‘gentle hands’ does not mean ‘no touching’. The children are, of course, allowed to hold hands or play clapping games with a friend should they wish to.”
“Gentle Hands simply means playing games outside that do not need to be physical. This will ensure the playground is a happy, safe and calm place where everyone can enjoy their lunchtime running around and getting the exercise we know is important to them”, she added.
One parent said: “The game is played everywhere, it doesn’t need any instructions, it is naturally instinctive for children to play. The school has gone about this completely the wrong way.”
Another said: “Children need opportunities to get upset with each other and work it out. These are essential life skills.”
Nanny State: British School Bans Children from Playing ‘Tag’ https://t.co/0Cjggcl0j9
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots