REPORT: School bans children from playing ‘Tag’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
A primary school in the English seaside resort town of Brighton has banned children from playing the playground game ‘Tag’, claiming the game was “too rough” and encouraging kids to play with “gentle hands”.
Children have been playing tag and other ‘chase games’ for centuries; a version of the game was even mentioned in poetry from Ancient Greece, over 2,000 years ago. But modern-day British boys and girls are not capable of handling games like tag and British bulldog, argues Joanne Smith, the headmistress at the Rudyard Kipling Primary School & Nursery in Brighton.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a letter to parents, Mrs Smith said: “To clarify, ‘gentle hands’ does not mean ‘no touching’. The children are, of course, allowed to hold hands or play clapping games with a friend should they wish to.”
“Gentle Hands simply means playing games outside that do not need to be physical. This will ensure the playground is a happy, safe and calm place where everyone can enjoy their lunchtime running around and getting the exercise we know is important to them”, she added.
One parent said: “The game is played everywhere, it doesn’t need any instructions, it is naturally instinctive for children to play. The school has gone about this completely the wrong way.”
Another said: “Children need opportunities to get upset with each other and work it out. These are essential life skills.”
Nanny State: British School Bans Children from Playing ‘Tag’ https://t.co/0Cjggcl0j9
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Hollywood icon calls out ‘blatant abuse of power’ in SAG acceptance speech
- UPDATE: As trial nears, Trump lawyers call impeachment case ‘flimsy’
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- EXCLUSIVE: Gun rally takes shape in VA
- REPORT: The 2020 Census begins
- REPORT: Theme park’s “pig bungee jump” sparks outrage [PICTURES]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Knocks ‘two stone cold losers’; lashes out at Schiff
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez claims there were ‘almost no police officers’ at Virginia Second Amendment rally, makes bizarre comparison
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged