REPORT: Sanders responds to Steyer’s 2020 bid with slam on his intentions
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Tuesday praised Tom Steyer after the billionaire philanthropist entered the 2020 presidential race but criticized the notion of a billionaire running for the White House.
“I like Tom personally, but I do have to say as somebody who in this campaign has received 2 million contributions, averaging $19 a person, I’m a bit tired of seeing billionaires trying to buy political power,” Sanders told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell in an interview.
The article goes on to state the following:
Steyer announced Tuesday that he would pursue the Democratic presidential nomination, reversing course after saying months ago that he would not.
Democratic candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) also commented on billionaire candidates in a tweet.
“The Democratic primary should not be decided by billionaires, whether they’re funding Super PACs or funding themselves,” Warren wrote. “The strongest Democratic nominee in the general will have a coalition that’s powered by a grassroots movement.”
The Democratic primary should not be decided by billionaires, whether they’re funding Super PACs or funding themselves. The strongest Democratic nominee in the general will have a coalition that’s powered by a grassroots movement.
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) July 9, 2019
According to a tweet by Alex Burns with the New York Times, “Steyer has committed to spending $100 million on a presidential campaign. That’s a bit more than Biden, Buttigieg, Warren, Sanders and Harris raised last quarter — combined.”
News: Steyer has committed to spending $100 million on a presidential campaign
That’s a bit more than Biden, Buttigieg, Warren, Sanders and Harris raised last quarter — combined
On the billionaire would-be populist who just entered the race 👇https://t.co/NiEdxehApr
— Alex Burns (@alexburnsNYT) July 9, 2019
Bernie’s not happy Tom Steyer decided to get in on the 2020 racehttps://t.co/q3W9vuV2u7
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 9, 2019
Tom Steyer isn’t getting a particularly warm welcome to the presidential race: Warren and Sanders say billionaires should stay out.
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly