REPORT: Sanders comments on the future of the Electoral College
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Thursday night said he favored getting rid of the Electoral College.
Sanders was pressed on the issue at a presidential town hall hosted by the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC).
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is hard to defend a system in which we have a president who lost the popular vote by three million votes, so the answer is yes,” he said.
Sanders had previously called for an examination of the Electoral college. “Presidential elections cannot be fought out in just a dozen ‘battleground’ states,” he said according to The Washington Post. “I believe that we need to reexamine the concept of the Electoral College.”
— Univision News (@UnivisionNews) July 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: 4th defendant in case involving Rudy Giuliani associates arrested at airport
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly