REPORT: San Jose city council votes to hang rainbow flags near new Chick-fil-A
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The San Jose City Council voted to hang rainbow flags next to a soon-to-be-opened Chick-fil-A, in a display of support for the city’s gay community.
The city council recently approved the new Chick-fil-A, which is set to open at San Jose International Airport in May. The fast food chain has faced boycotts from gay rights advocates because of its CEO’s support and funding for anti-gay marriage groups. Chick-fil-A has been blocked from opening up in airports in San Antonio and Buffalo, N.Y., in recent weeks.
The article goes on to state the following:
The San Jose City Council voted unanimously to post the flags near the airport Chick-fil-A after the idea was suggested by Santa Clara County’s first openly gay elected official, Ken Yeager, according to NBC News.
The San Jose City Council voted unanimously to post the flags near the airport Chick-fil-A after the idea was reportedly suggested by Santa Clara County’s first openly gay elected official. https://t.co/qwD42yYsV8
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama gets pounded for response to attack on Christians in Sri Lanka