REPORT: Romney only Republican to vote against Trump judicial pick who called Obama ‘un-American imposter’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, was the lone Republican to vote against one of President Trump’s judicial nominees earlier this week. Romney voted against Michael Truncale, who was confirmed 49-46 on Tuesday morning to the Eastern District of Texas, for years-old comments he made about former President Barack Obama.
In 2011, Truncale called Obama an “un-American imposter.” He told the Senate Judiciary Committee he was “merely expressing frustration by what I perceived as a lack of overt patriotism on behalf of President Obama.” Truncale also told senators he believed Obama was born in Hawaii.
The article goes on to state the following:
Romney cited his 2012 presidential run as the reason he could not vote in favor of Trump’s nominee.
“He made particularly disparaging comments about President Obama. And as the Republican nominee for president, I just couldn’t subscribe to that in a federal judge,” Romney told Politico. “This was not a matter of qualifications or politics. This was something specifically to that issue as a former nominee of our party.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart