REPORT: Roger Stone: Don’t gag me — I’m no Kim Kardashian
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
President Trump’s longtime pal Roger Stone on Friday asked a federal judge not to ban him from talking about his criminal case in the Russia probe — bizarrely arguing that he was a nobody compared to Kim Kardashian so his public blabbing posed no threat to the case.
He said people who closely follow politics might know his name, but he was “hardly ubiquitous in the larger landscape of popular consciousness.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Stone in court papers then contrasted his limited social media presence to that of Kardashian, the actress, entrepreneur and socialite.
“An example of how limited and narrow his public presence is, is that Kim Kardashian has 59.5 million followers on Twitter. By contrast, Roger Stone has no Twitter account at all and, thus has no Twitter followers,” Stone said.
“On Instagram, Kim Kardashian has 126 million followers. Roger Stone’s Instagram following amounts to 39 thousand subscribers.”
In a separate filing on Friday, the Department of Justice said it would not oppose a narrow order restricting all parties and lawyers from speaking publicly if it would be “substantially likely” to undermine Stone’s right to a fair trial.
Objecting to the court’s potential silencing, Roger Stone’s lawyers argued he is no Kim Kardashian https://t.co/oZQSyAxZxg
— POLITICO (@politico) February 8, 2019
Roger Stone is trying a new tactic in arguing against a federal judge who may restrict what he says in public: He’s claiming he’s not much of a celebrity.
Stone’s attorneys argue that while he’s known by some, he’s not nearly as famous as Kim Kardashian. https://t.co/EQVubembjD
— CNN (@CNN) February 8, 2019
— New York Post (@nypost) February 8, 2019
Roger Stone’s lawyers say they’ll fight any gag order bc limiting his free speech would jeopardize his “livelihood.” Prospective jurors may not even know him, they say, since he has fewer Instagram followers than Kim Kardashian https://t.co/rjLf4DBDjw pic.twitter.com/DlLEuFws30
— Allegra Kirkland (@allegrakirkland) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: R. Kelly Civil Lawsuit Ends In Default Judgement Against Singer–See Why
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Joe Biden says he wants to make America ‘straight’ again