REPORT: Robert De Niro tears into Republicans: ‘We’re not gonna forget’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Robert De Niro took aim at the Republican party and President Trump in a recent interview and warned that the American people would not forget about “all the things that these Republicans did during the time of Trump” long after he leaves office.
During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter released earlier this week, De Niro was pressed about his thoughts on attorney general William Barr‘s four-page summary of special counsel Robert Mueller‘s report on the Russia probe.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s pathetic,” De Niro said. “You know what’s interesting is that Democrats are trying to do the right thing and say, ‘We’re waiting for justice to come,’ and then it doesn’t come. Or it will come in a way, Mueller presented it in a way that’s up to us and Congress to make, come up with the results, but now it’s being barred by Barr. And that’s to be seen now what Congress will do and how effective they’re going to be.”
“But I think there’s going to be a lot of mass demonstrations, a lot of protests if this is not resolved. We have to know what went on. We have to know. The handwriting’s on the wall,” the actor continued.
“I don’t now what’s happened in this country with the Republicans,” De Niro went on to say.
“I mean the Republicans with Nixon didn’t do this, but these Republicans are. And we’re not going to forget about them,” the actor and co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival continued. “Because when, later on in years to come, long after Trump is gone, there are going to be writers, as soon as any of these characters come out, emerge in some way, they’re going to remind us of all the things that these Republicans did during the time of Trump.”
CLICK HERE to read more from The Hill.
Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee responded to De Niro’s threat, tweeting, “Very sad to see bitterness and dementia reduce a gifted actor into a crazed old curmudgeon howling at the moon.”
Very sad to see bitterness and dementia reduce a gifted actor into a crazed old curmudgeon howling at the moon. Actor Robert De Niro Threatens Republicans For Supporting Trump; “We’re Not Gonna Forget” https://t.co/V9Fp0r25C5
— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) April 13, 2019
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) April 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump