REPORT: ‘Rising star’ UK rapper killed in car crash on way to performance
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
London (CNN) — Up-and-coming UK rapper Cadet was killed in a car crash in England’s West Midlands region in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
The 28-year-old, real name Blaine Johnson, was being driven to a gig at Keele University in Staffordshire at the time, Britain’s Press Association news agency reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
A statement on Cadet’s Instagram page, cited by PA, said: “We the family of Blaine Cameron Johnson known as Cadet (Underrated Legend) would like to share the sad news that during the early hours of 9th February 2019 he passed away as a passenger in a taxi, en route to a performance.
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) February 9, 2019
#Update We can confirm that the man who sadly lost his life in a road traffic collision in Betley this morning was Blaine Johnson, known as Cadet. He was aged 28 and from London. Our Serious Collision Investigation Unit continue to investigate. https://t.co/f9nb5QIl4G pic.twitter.com/GZJHBeihdZ
— Staffordshire Police (@StaffsPolice) February 9, 2019
— CNN International (@cnni) February 9, 2019
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and fans, of Cadet.
Such sad news.
We’ll be keeping his Wireless performance as a time to reflect on the memory of Blaine.
— Wireless Festival (@WirelessFest) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall