REPORT: Rick Perry throws the Dems’ subpoena for Ukraine documents back in their face
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Outgoing Department of Energy Secretary (DOE) Rick Perry has opted against complying with a subpoena from House Democrats to hand over documents relating to his activities with Ukraine.
In a letter Friday, the DOE notified Democrats that their formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump over a July telephone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was unsubstantiated.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As the Supreme Court has long recognized, a Congressional committee cannot exercise the investigative power of the full House of Representatives unless it has that power through proper delegation,” the letter stated.
Referring to the fact that Pelosi has never even held a vote to begin an impeachment inquiry, the letter stated, “In contrast to historical precedent, the House has neither expressly adopted a resolution authorizing an impeachment investigation nor delegated impeachment authority by rule. By failing to validly authorize the impeachment inquiry, the House apparently seeks to investigate conduct of an impeachable officer pursuant to the legislative power – not the impeachment power of the House.”
The letter further writes that “even if the inquiry was validly authorized,” much of the information sought in the subpoena appears to consist of confidential communications that are potentially protected by executive privilege.
— ABC News (@ABC) October 18, 2019
Recently, reports have raised ?s about any role Perry may have played in conveying Trump’s stark message to the Ukrainian President. https://t.co/T9jtfJRpIU
— House Foreign Affairs Committee (@HouseForeign) October 10, 2019
Rick Perry isn’t having it with the House Democrats’ impeachment probe. https://t.co/EE4VvhFXt0
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) October 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- POLL: Was Trump’s tweet against Yovanovitch ‘intimidation of a witness’?
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- EXCLUSIVE: Impeachment hearing takes sudden turn after Trump’s tweet about witness, witness responds [VIDEO]