REPORT: Republicans pressure Pelosi for hearings on ‘Green New Deal’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Top House Republicans pressured House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Thursday to launch hearings on the ‘Green New Deal,’ arguing that the progressive plan must be debated and properly vetted.
“Taken together, we fear the Green New Deal would hurt Americans struggling to make ends meet — the very people it purports to help,” 11 Republicans representing key committees wrote in a letter to Pelosi. “Worst of all, it could permanently put the American Dream out of reach for millions of Americans.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The Green New Deal was introduced as a broadly-worded resolution last month by freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and climate stalwart Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass. It offered broad goals, like switching to zero emission energy by 2030, but provided little in the way of details on several of its other proposals, such as federal job guarantees, free college, and government-financed healthcare.
The lack of detail is one of the key reasons the Republicans want Pelosi to begin hearings on the plan, in order to flesh it out and debate its implications for the country.
“As the committees to which it has been referred, we have a responsibility to fully understand how the Green New Deal will affect the cost of living and economic mobility of hardworking Americans. We need to get to the facts, the American people deserve answers,” the letter added.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Deaths of Ferguson activists lead some to believe something sinister is at play
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- REPORT: DML responds to Ilhan Omar after she hits back at Trump
- REPORT: Trump’s disapproval rating slides to lowest point in network poll
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ roasts Beto O’Rourke over hand gestures
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- VIDEO: Protesters descend on Tucker Carlson’s neighborhood