REPORT: READ: Letter asserting Trump’s executive privilege over census docs
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump asserted executive privilege over subpoenaed documents in a letter from his Department of Justice to House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) on Wednesday.
The documents requested by the committee included drafts of a letter sent from the Justice Department to Commerce officials requesting that a citizenship question be added to the 2020 census.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The executive branch has engaged in good-faith efforts to satisfy the legislative needs of the committee,” the letter reads. “Moreover, until the committee’s abrupt decision to seeks a contempt resolution, the department was prepared to provide a significant number of additional documents responsive to the committee’s April 2, 2019 subpoena.”
READ THE ENTIRE LETTER BELOW:
DOJ notifies Cummings of as… by on Scribd
— The Hill (@thehill) June 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
WATCH: DML interviews immigration expert Ann Corcoran:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’
- REPORT: Coca-Cola’s surprising new flavor is ‘super difficult to track down’