REPORT: Rashida Tlaib claims Ilhan Omar is ‘an easier target’ because she is black and Muslim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., says the anger in Congress and elsewhere over controversial remarks made about Israel by fellow freshman congresswoman Ilhan Omar,D-Minn., is due to her religion and race.
“Because she’s Muslim and because she’s black, she’s an easier target for them to attack and target,” Tlaib said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
The article goes on to state the following:
When asked if Tlaib was suggesting that Democrats who were upset by Omar’s comments did so because of anti-Muslim bias, Tlaib, who is Muslim, said she thinks “that’s part of it.”
Omar’s comments and tweetsdirected toward Israel have been seen by many in both parties as being anti-Semitic. Democrats originally crafted a resolution condemning anti-Semitism as a rebuke of Omar’s statements, but later scrapped that in favor of a resolution condemning all forms of racism. Tlaib said Sunday she saw a “double standard” in Congress for lawmakers who have used anti-Semitic language but who were not condemned for it, though she didn’t cite anyone by name.
“Is it because she’s a black Muslima? Is it because it’s around the issue of human rights violations from the country of Israel? I don’t know,” Tlaib said. “But I can tell you, if it was really about anti-Semitism and condemning that, then we need to be able to say to all the members — and that’s what we ended up (doing) at the end condemning all forms of hate — but also holding every single person accountable to the same standard. And that’s what I didn’t see.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records