REPORT: Rashida Tlaib claims Ilhan Omar is ‘an easier target’ because she is black and Muslim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., says the anger in Congress and elsewhere over controversial remarks made about Israel by fellow freshman congresswoman Ilhan Omar,D-Minn., is due to her religion and race.
“Because she’s Muslim and because she’s black, she’s an easier target for them to attack and target,” Tlaib said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
The article goes on to state the following:
When asked if Tlaib was suggesting that Democrats who were upset by Omar’s comments did so because of anti-Muslim bias, Tlaib, who is Muslim, said she thinks “that’s part of it.”
Omar’s comments and tweetsdirected toward Israel have been seen by many in both parties as being anti-Semitic. Democrats originally crafted a resolution condemning anti-Semitism as a rebuke of Omar’s statements, but later scrapped that in favor of a resolution condemning all forms of racism. Tlaib said Sunday she saw a “double standard” in Congress for lawmakers who have used anti-Semitic language but who were not condemned for it, though she didn’t cite anyone by name.
“Is it because she’s a black Muslima? Is it because it’s around the issue of human rights violations from the country of Israel? I don’t know,” Tlaib said. “But I can tell you, if it was really about anti-Semitism and condemning that, then we need to be able to say to all the members — and that’s what we ended up (doing) at the end condemning all forms of hate — but also holding every single person accountable to the same standard. And that’s what I didn’t see.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Deaths of Ferguson activists lead some to believe something sinister is at play
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- REPORT: DML responds to Ilhan Omar after she hits back at Trump
- REPORT: Trump’s disapproval rating slides to lowest point in network poll
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ roasts Beto O’Rourke over hand gestures
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- VIDEO: Protesters descend on Tucker Carlson’s neighborhood