REPORT: What does Queen’s statement on Harry and Meghan mean?
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Following today’s unprecedented Royal Family summit at Sandringham to thrash out the way forward to Harry and Meghan’s desire to quit their duties, the Queen has released a statement.
In a deeply personal message by Her Majesty the couple are referred to as ‘Harry and Meghan’ rather than their titles the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, clouding their royal status.
The article goes on to state the following:
The statement indicates that the couple will not receive money from the public purse but its reference to a ‘period of transition’ does not clarify how they will achieve self sufficiency.
One line of note: “My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family. “
According to the report, her Majesty’s use of “Harry and Meghan,” and not “the Duke and Duchess of Sussex”, as is “protocol for official Palace statements,” may indicate that the couple will lose their royal titles.
Another line singled out was: “Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.”
The Daily Mail sugests this indicates that the Queen is “deeply disappointed with Harry and Meghan” but is still leaving it open for them to perform some duties in the future.
The Queen also wrote: “Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.”
Pubic speculation, according to the Mail, is that Harry and Meghan want to make commercial deals. The report notes that it “will not be cheap to maintain a transatlantic lifestyle for their family with at least two homes,” and that the couple has “their own brand” to consider, therefore they may not want to be seen as “cashing-in.”
— Daily Mirror (@DailyMirror) January 13, 2020
— Chris 🇺🇸 (@Chris_1791) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: LSU ‘Get the Gat’ video from Trump’s White House tribute goes viral — Twitter abuzz over ‘mystery woman’
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- VIDEO: Former Acting Attorney General weighs in on impeachment trial
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]
- UPDATE: ICE subpoenas sanctuary city over illegal immigrants accused of murder
- BREAKING: Verdict reached on Chinese woman on trial for trespassing at Mar-a-Lago