REPORT: Progressive website in deep trouble; tells employees to look for work
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The leadership at liberal media outlet ThinkProgress has told its staff to look for other jobs, as advertising revenue and online contributions have fallen from the past year.
The Daily Beast reports that, according to a budget document, the site is short $3 million between revenue and expenses for 2019. ThinkProgress operates under the Center for American Progress and is editorially independent, although the nonprofit parent organization has provided some funds to the site.
The article goes on to state the following:
Advertising revenue is projected to fall $350,000 short of what was budgeted, and online contributions are expected to fall short by nearly $180,000. A number of staff members have also left the site or are about to leave, including Managing Editor Tara Culp-Ressler.
According to its website, “ThinkProgress is a news site dedicated to providing our readers with rigorous reporting and analysis from a progressive perspective. Founded in 2005, ThinkProgress is an editorially independent project of the Center for American Progress Action Fund. Over the past decade, the site has evolved from a small rapid response blog to a newsroom of reporters and editors covering the intersections of politics, policy, and social justice.”
HBO cancels ‘Vice News Tonight’.
Far-left Think Progress website in “deep financial trouble”.
Gee, I wonder why all these outlets are pushing for their competitors to be deplatformed?
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) June 10, 2019
NEW: ThinkProgress, the influential progressive news site, is in dire financial straits, with a $3 million shortfall projected for 2019, according to a budget doc @GideonResnick obtained https://t.co/Ken8zqmGHu
— Sam Stein (@samstein) June 10, 2019
Top Far-Left Propaganda Site ThinkProgress Is in Deep Financial Troublehttps://t.co/GTMsSIUWrk
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) June 10, 2019
EXCLUSIVE: Think Progress has lost five staffers in 2019 and is looking at a $3 million gap between revenues and expenses https://t.co/k9ug4VNcBN
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) June 10, 2019
God is Good! https://t.co/yXXPlpVREB
— Mike Cernovich (@Cernovich) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New revelations about how intelligence whistleblower obtained knowledge of the communications
- JUST IN: Two killed, 8 injured in bar violent shooting: ‘The sheer magnitude of injury is like none I have seen’
- VIDEO: ‘Staunch’ Democrats switch to Trump: ‘He’s our guy’
- REPORT: Women can go topless in 6 states after federal ruling
- BREAKING: Authorities arrest suspect in connection to 1985 hijacking of TWA flight (VIDEO)
- POLL: Was President Trump wrong to ask Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden?
- VIDEO: Dem candidate takes a jab at Hillary Clinton’s failure in 2016
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- EXCLUSIVE: Kamala Harris lectures about unity, DML responds
- VIDEO: Booker makes plea for funds: I won’t continue campaign if we fail to do this