REPORT: Probe into colleges uncovers BILLIONS in unreported funds from two controversial countries.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A probe by the Department of Education into colleges that accept foreign investments and donations has uncovered $6 billion of previously unreported foreign donations from US adversaries including China and Russia, a report said Friday.
House Republicans were monitoring the investigation into the schools to determine of they were violating Section 117 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, which prohibits an “Institution of Higher Learning” from failing to properly report foreign gifts of $250,000 or more, Town Hall reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a letter from the department obtained by the website, General Counsel Reed Rubinstein said that while some colleges recognized that foreign cash from US adversaries could pose a security risk, others had become addicted to the money.
In the letter, which was obtained by Townhall, from the DoE’s Office of the General Counsel that was sent to Congress on May 19, they wrote, “Some IHE leaders are starting to acknowledge the threat of foreign academic espionage and have been working with federal law enforcement to address gaps in reporting and transparency. However, the evidence suggests massive investments of foreign money have bred dependency and distorted the decision making, mission, and values of too many institutions.”
“The Department shares Congress’ concerns regarding unreported and unregulated foreign direct investment into the U.S. higher education system, and the potential for foreign sources to use strategic investments to turn American college campuses into indoctrination platforms,” they added.
“This is not a partisan problem. This is an American problem,” a GOP source with knowledge of the matter told Townhall.
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down