REPORT: Private college to remove historical mural because it only depicts white people
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Tufts University has announced its plans to remove a historical mural from campus because it does not depict any nonwhite people.
The decision was made public in a news release which explained that the imagery “undermines its values of diversity and inclusion.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Alumnae Lounge, a popular meeting space at the campus, has several murals which are said to depict the university’s history. According to the university, however, “the murals tell an incomplete story about the origins and growth of Tufts.”
“There is not a single image of a person of color, for example, despite the fact that black students were enrolled at Tufts as early as the late nineteenth century, according to university archives,” the Tufts press release explains.
The report states that students are “uncomfortable in the space” and don’t want to attend awards ceremonies there.
I truly hope that @TuftsUniversity will erect murals that depict individuals of all gender expressions. #ThereAre873Genders. Also, I trust that the murals will contain images of exceptionally good-looking Lebanese Jews otherwise I’m not being represented. https://t.co/foBWmMSTru
— Gad Saad (@GadSaad) July 5, 2019
— Dr. Ana Lucia Araujo (@analuciaraujo_) June 27, 2019
Tufts Will Remove and Conserve Murals https://t.co/Xf7DO7c3PJ
— Tufts Now (@TuftsNow) June 26, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant