REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Spain’s Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma has become the first royal to die from the novel coronavirus.
The 86-year-old was a cousin of Spain’s King Felipe VI. She died after contracting COVID-19, her brother, Prince Sixto Enrique de Borbon, the Duke of Aranjuez, announced on Facebook.
The article goes on to state the following:
“On this afternoon… our sister Maria Teresa de Borbon Parma and Borbon Busset, victim of the coronavirus COVID-19, died in Paris at the age of eighty-six,” the post reads.
The Facebook post reads as follows (translation):
S.A.R. Don Sixto Enrique de Borbón communicates that this Thursday, March 26, 2020, has passed away in Paris, at eighty-six years old, his sister Maria Teresa de Bourbon Parma and Bourbon Busset, victim of coronavirus COVID-19.
Don Sixto Enrique is very sorry and begs for prayers for his sister’s eternal rest. Tomorrow Friday in Madrid will officiate a funeral the Rvdo. and H.E. Mr. D. José Ramón García Gallardo, officer of the Order of Proscribed Legitimacy.
Maria Theresa of Bourbon Parma was born on July 28, 1933, daughter of then Infante Don Francisco Javier de Bourbon y Braganza, Prince of Parma and Plasencia (who in 1952 would become Javier I, Legit King of Spain), and his wife Doña Magdalena de Borbón Busset.
In photography, S.A.R. the Duke of Aranjuez with his sister Maria Teresa.
— The Sun (@TheSun) March 28, 2020
Princess Maria Teresa of Spain, 86, passed away on Friday. https://t.co/Ubqj3cTK6q
— Metro (@MetroUK) March 28, 2020
Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma, the cousin of Spain’s King Felipe IV, has become the first royal to die of the novel coronavirus.https://t.co/HdkG6ulVBI
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) March 28, 2020
— Mutlu Civiroglu (@mutludc) March 28, 2020
— TheCable (@thecableng) March 28, 2020
At 86 years old, Spain’s Princess Maria Teresa de Borbón-Parma was the first member of a royal family to pass away due to #coronavirus complications.💔#PrincessMariaTeresa was called the “Red Princess” due to her progressive views. She was a women’s rights advocate. #Covid_19 pic.twitter.com/K9pa3S4Fcu
— AfterBuzz TV (@afterbuzztv) March 29, 2020
86-year-old Princess Maria Teresa of Spain dies after testing positive for bug – as nation mourns 5,690 dead https://t.co/P7ZwdVhesB
— Daily Mail Online (@MailOnline) March 28, 2020
— Stephanie bauwe (@StephanieBauwe) March 27, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral