REPORT: Pope Francis evokes Hitler to compare modern political rhetoric
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Pope Francis warned against nationalism and said he was “concerned” about recent political rhetoric, comparing it to the early days of the Nazi regime.
Speaking Friday to an Italian news outlet, Pope Francis said he worried about some of the speeches he has been hearing. The comments came after right-wing Italian Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini called for snap elections and for Parliament to be dissolved.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I am concerned because we hear speeches that resemble those of Hitler in 1934,” Pope Francis said. “‘Us first. We … We … ’ These are frightening thoughts.”
Salvini is an immigration hardliner who has banned migrant rescue ships from docking in Italy.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police