REPORT: Police supporting Trump plan ‘sea of red’ at Minneapolis rally amid outrage over uniform ban
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
WASHINGTON — Minneapolis police officers rankled by a new department policy barring off-duty staff from wearing their uniforms to political events plan to instead swarm President Trump’s Thursday rally with a “sea of red” specialty T-shirts.
The policy change came the day after Trump announced he would host a rally in Minneapolis, and the head of the local police union argues it was a political move meant to favor the city’s Democratic officials. The police department for its part says the policy is about avoiding the appearance of political bias.
The article goes on to state the following:
But instead of the thin blue line appearing behind Trump on Thursday, there will be “a sea red T-shirts,” according to Bob Kroll, president of the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis. The shirt features the phrase “Cops for Trump” emblazoned across an American flag in the shape of Minnesota and will be sold both online and at the rally. All proceeds from the shirt sales will go to the union’s charity, Kroll said.
Fury has erupted among officers after the Minneapolis Police Department announced a new policy that prohibits off-duty officers from wearing their uniform to political events.
Kroll said he was informed of the new policy on Sept. 27, just one day after President Trump announced Thursday’s rally at Target Center, and after Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey declared that Trump’s “message of hatred will never be welcome in Minneapolis.”
Here is a shout out to Lt.Bob Kroll of the Msp police department. When forbidden to wear the police uniform to the Trump rally he made t-shirts saying, “cops for Trump”. When Presidents Obama and Clinton came, police could wear their uniforms, now they can’t. What hypocrisy.
— Paul Gazelka (@paulgazelka) October 8, 2019
Minneapolis police union selling “Cops for Trump” T-shirts, in wake of uniform ban https://t.co/CEvsQMSvqP
— Star Tribune (@StarTribune) October 7, 2019
Did you see this?
Minneapolis Police Union Rolls out ‘Cops for Trump’ T-Shirts in Wake of Uniform Ban
— Red Nation Rising (@RedNationRising) October 7, 2019
— Marc Lotter (@marc_lotter) October 7, 2019
Minneapolis has ban their cops from wearing their uniforms when President Trump visits the city this week. So they design their own shirt! #YouRockCop #TWGRP7 🇺🇸 Minneapolis police union selling ‘Cops for Trump’ T-shirts in response to uniform ban https://t.co/ZfcKHLEpSF
— Deborah Welp (@DebWelp) October 7, 2019
The shirt features the phrase “Cops for Trump” emblazoned across an American flag in the shape of Minnesota. https://t.co/QRHLbX22ZG
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s Husband Shares Powerful Photo Reminding People Where Her Loyalties Lie
- EXCLUSIVE: Identity revealed of wounded veteran who Trump saluted at Texas rally [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton pulls out of women’s event after learning who else was going to speak
- BREAKING: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement [VIDEO]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Taunts Pelosi by highlighting protesters invading her office
- VIDEO: 2016 Trump GOP Challenger Comes Out for Impeachment; The Left Reacts
- REPORT: 2020 candidate defends Tulsi Gabbard after Clinton attack
- REPORT: Barbra Streisand shares VIOLENT cartoon of Pelosi and Trump
- REPORT: Commentator says Elijah Cummings death was God’s revenge for taking on Trump
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement about Doral resort hosting G-7