REPORT: ‘Please do not touch me’: U.S. Senate on security alert for Trump impeachment trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – With the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump under way, U.S. senators have polished their talking points about upholding the Constitution. They also have another phrase at the ready: “Please do not touch me.”
Senate impeachment trials are rare and historic – the one unfolding now is only the third in the nation’s history – and with them come security jitters in and around the Capitol building.
The article goes on to state the following:
A large metal detector has been erected in the Senate workspace for reporters, and the press will be herded into velvet-roped holding pens outside the Senate chamber at certain times – a notable change from the normal rules of engagement on Capitol Hill, where journalists are largely free to roam the hallways to interview lawmakers.
Reuters reports that the Senators will be on the lookout to avoid “pesky reporters” and “aggressive protesters” in Senate office buildings.
The sergeant-at-arms has distributed a card with phrases the senators can use to defuse potentially hostile situations. They include:
- “Please move out of my way”
- “You are preventing me from doing my job”
- “Please excuse me, I am trying to get to the Senate floor”
- “Please excuse me, I need to get to a hearing/meeting”
- “Please do not touch me”
- “Help, Police!” (as a last resort)
— Reuters Legal (@ReutersLegal) January 21, 2020
— resistance rises (@carlottaclarice) January 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Jenna Bush Hager Reveals Chat She Had With Dad About Alcohol That Changed How She Views Drinking
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine: Trump re-election will again be blamed on Russia
- WATCH LIVE: Trump speaks at campaign rally in Colorado Springs, massive crowd waits over 24 hours
- REPORT: Former Obama AG Eric Holder tells conservative journalist to ‘shut the hell up,’ gets pounded in return
- VIDEO: Bloomberg called out over misleading claim about 9/11 in new ad
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trump goes after Klobuchar during campaign rally, she responds
- REPORT: Trump considering Doug Collins as nominee for top role, Collins responds
- VIDEO: Former Bernie Sanders consultant arrested after allegedly planting weapons in jail for ‘evil’ escape plot
- REPORT: Disgraced Multimillionaire Remains on Bloomberg Foundation Board Despite Harassment Claims