REPORT: Pentagon warns troops about ‘active partisan political activities’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Department of Defense has issued an internal memo warning about certain political activity, in a directive emailed to all military and civilian personnel.
The memo, sent out Tuesday and obtained by the Washington Examiner, was sent on behalf of acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan and comes after reports the USS John S. McCain was hidden from view while President Trump was visiting Japan.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Our mission, to protect and defend the nation, is apolitical,” the memo reads. “I call on leaders at all levels in the department to reinforce the apolitical nature of military and civilian service and professionalism, while ensuring all personnel remain free to exercise the responsibilities of citizenship as laws and regulations allow.”
Airmen onboard the USS WASP wearing patches on their jumpsuits that read “Make Aircrew Great Again.” The patches include an image in the center in the likeness of President Trump. pic.twitter.com/rQKAyrcDte
— Vivian Salama (@vmsalama) May 28, 2019
Navy pushes back against claim it covered up USS John McCain at White House request https://t.co/cB30a3n7Uu
— tedhu (@tedhu) June 3, 2019
Also: “… around 800 military men and women—some of whom wore “Make Aircrew Great Again” patches with a likeness of the president on their jumpsuits…”
Not okay. The Navy is America’s Navy, not Trump’s (or any other president’s).https://t.co/XzgUB33ibC
— Kelsey Farish (@KelseyFarish) May 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- POLL: Is Fox Moving to the Left?
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Flight forced to change course after passenger assaulted flight attendant
- BREAKING: Trump accuses New York Times of treason
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: 1 killed, 3 injured after shooting at Costco