REPORT: Pentagon Planning to Test Long-Banned Missiles After INF Pullout
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
The Pentagon plans this summer to test a ground-launched cruise missile of the type that has been banned for three decades by the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, U.S. news agencies report.
“We’re going to test a ground-launched cruise missile in August,” a senior defense official, who declined to be named, was quoted by Reuters as saying on March 13.
Pentagon officials spoke to a small group of reporters on the condition that they would not be identified. The United States on February 2 launched the six-month process of leaving the INF Treaty after Washington and NATO repeatedly accused Moscow of violating the accord by developing the 9M729 cruise missile, also known as the SSC-8.
Russia, which denies the accusation, said it was also withdrawing from the INF Treaty, which banned both countries from developing, producing, and deploying ground-launched cruise or ballistic missiles with ranges between 500 and 5,500 kilometers.
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Head of Warner Bros. steps down amid reports of affair with actress
- REPORT: Santorum: Trump should ‘send emails to a therapist’ instead of tweeting
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- BREAKING: Florida prosecutors offer deal to drop charges against Robert Kraft
- REPORT: Cause of death released for ‘Young & Restless” star Kristoff St. John
- REPORT: Snorkeling tour scam left teens stranded on ‘snake-infested’ island
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’