REPORT: Pentagon identifies US soldiers killed by roadside bomb
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Twenty-nine-year-old Virginia Staff Sgt. Ian McLaughlin and 21-year-old Illinois Pfc. Miguel Villalon have been identified as the pair of U.S. servicemen killed in Afghanistan on Saturday.
An improvised explosive device struck the vehicle McLaughlin and Villalon were traveling in, killing both men. The Taliban immediately took credit for the attack in Afghanistan’s Kandahar province.
The article goes on to state the following:
McLaughlin, of Newport News, Virginia, is survived by his wife and four children. Villalon, of Joliet, Illinois, is survived by his parents.
The DOD has identified the two U.S. soldiers who were killed in action yesterday when their vehicle was struck by an improvised explosive device in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan:
Staff Sgt. Ian P. McLaughlin, 29
Pfc. Miguel A. Villalon, 21
RIP 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/oc0Nt1VMJl
— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) January 12, 2020
3/ Pfc. Miguel Angel Villalon of Joliet, Ill., joined the Army in 2018. This was his first combat deployment. He is survived by his mother of Chicago, Ill. and father of Brownsville, Texas. pic.twitter.com/ApINtthznR
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) January 12, 2020
The Pentagon identifies the U.S. paratroopers killed in Afghanistan as Staff Sergeant Ian McLaughlin and Private First Class Miguel Villalon. pic.twitter.com/qUeRkBvDZt
— Fox & Friends First (@FoxFriendsFirst) January 13, 2020
🇺🇸 ❤️Tonight, the Aurora community mourns the heartbreaking loss of Miguel Villalon, 21. He was one of two U.S. service members who passed away today while serving in Afghanistan. TA former student at East Aurora High School, Miguel was proud to serve in the United States Army. pic.twitter.com/4xzYPl8p5S
— City of Aurora, IL (@CityofAuroraIL) January 12, 2020
21-year-old Miguel Villalon from Illinois has been identified as one of two U.S. servicemen killed in Afghanistan on Saturday.https://t.co/1LuqzoKci1
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial