REPORT: Pelosi, Schumer send request to Trump: ‘We believe that you have an historic opportunity’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic leaders urged President Trump to support a House-passed bill expanding background checks for gun purchases.
“We believe that you have an historic opportunity to save lives, simply by reaffirming your clear support for strengthening background checks, which you have publicly supported before, which are supported by more than 90 percent of the public and which are ready to be brought to the Senate Floor,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer wrote to Trump on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump had been in negotiations with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on a measure to expand background checks.
“Unfortunately, there are indications you have reversed your support for passing gun violence prevention legislation,” Pelosi and Schumer wrote. “Sadly, it has been reported that this is because of concerns about your re-election and a desire to appease special interests like the NRA.”
“Leader McConnell has, once again, followed your example, and refused to bring commonsense, bipartisan, life-saving legislation passed by the House to the Floor,” they added.
Trump said Democrats were to blame for the stalled negotiations after they launched the impeachment inquiry, derailing negotiations.
Pelosi and Schumer have sent a letter to Trump urging him to call upon McConnell to take up the “House-passed, bipartisan, commonsense background checks legislation that passed the House 250 days ago this week.”
Here’s the letter: https://t.co/DjZlJmxseD
— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm