VIDEO: Pelosi Says She’d Personally Welcome Lowering the Voting Age
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNSNEWS.COM:
At a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was asked if she approves of lowering the voting age to 16:
“I myself – I’m not speaking for my caucus — I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16. I think it’s really important to capture kids when they’re in high school, when they’re interested in all of this, when they’re learning about government, to be able to vote.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Pelosi then plugged H.R. 1, a bill that would give the federal government greater control over state-run elections and ease voter registration requirements.
An amendment to H.R. 1 lowering the voting age to 16 did not pass, although the bill itself did. However, H.R. 1 has little to no chance of passing the Republican-led Senate.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16…I think it’s really important to capture kids when they’re in high school” pic.twitter.com/Enxr0kPJ3v
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House their millions
- Media cries over Pelosi video
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- POLL: Should illegal alien get the death penalty
- Trump Opens Tokyo Visit With a Tweet Sure to Unnerve the Japanese
- Police are searching for a missing 5-year-old Utah girl. They said the case won’t end well
- Teachers allegedly told to treat black students as ‘victims’, ‘punish’ whites
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump ‘Running Scared’ from Nancy Pelosi
- Video: Fox News host Jeanine Pirro says Nancy Pelosi needs “an intervention” and is “batty”
- TRUMP TWEETS: Warner, Rolling Thunder, Obama-appointed judge, Smollett, Kim Jong Un and more!