REPORT: Pelosi issues fiery statement on Trump’s new immigration rule
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday slammed the Trump administration’s new immigration rule that links an immigrant’s ability to secure residency or a path to citizenship to their use of public programs, predicting it will be defeated in court.
“This hateful, bigoted rule is a direct assault on our nation’s proud heritage as a beacon of hope and opportunity for all and a clear attempt to demonize and terrorize the newcomers who make America more American,” the California lawmaker tweeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Trump administration on Monday released the final version of the “public charge” rule change, which will go into effect Oct. 15.
Under the new definition of “public charge,” receipt of assistance like food stamps, housing assistance and Medicaid will be a negative factor when determining if an immigrant can be granted a green card or visas.
This hateful, bigoted rule is a direct assault on our nation’s proud heritage as a beacon of hope and opportunity for all and a clear attempt to demonize and terrorize the newcomers who make America more American. It will be swiftly challenged and defeated in the courts. https://t.co/x5q4E6KpPD
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) August 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police