REPORT: Pelosi explains to London audience how she wrangles the AOC faction
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Pelosi told an audience in London she’s had to hold some hard conversations with her new faction of ultra-progressive firebrands led by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., about the need to maintain appeal to voters in centrist districts who would not embrace Medicare for All or the Green New Deal.
“This is about winning,” Pelosi told the London School of Economics and Political Science. “When we have to go into the districts we have to win, we have to cull that to what we have in common with those people.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“This glass of water would win with a ‘D’ next to it in those districts,” Pelosi said. “But that’s not where we have to win elections,” because their majority was made by centrist Democrats taking over Republican-held districts.
Asked in London about @AOC wing of party, Pelosi notes Dems didn’t win majority bc of “districts like mine or Alexandria’s.” She calls AOC “wonderful” but said the 43 districts they won “were right down the middle … I share those values but we must win .. This is about winning”
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- TRUMP TWITTER STORM: Announcement, “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!”, “COUP Update”, Melania’s Easter tweet and more!