REPORT: Pelosi draft plan would allow negotiation on 250 drugs per year
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A draft plan to lower drug prices from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) would allow the secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to negotiate on 250 drugs per year, according to a summary circulating on Capitol Hill and among lobbyists and obtained by The Hill.
The summary of the House Democrats’ signature plan to lower drug prices, one of their top priorities this year, is a bolder proposal than many expected.
The article goes on to state the following:
It says that the prices negotiated by the HHS secretary would apply to the private market as well, not just Medicare, as Democrats often call for. There would also be a steep penalty for drug companies that refused to negotiate with HHS: a fee of 75 percent of the gross sales of the drug in question from the previous year.
Henry Connelly, a Pelosi spokesman, said the speaker’s office continues “to engage members across the caucus as the committees of jurisdiction work to develop the boldest, toughest possible bill to lower prescription drug prices for all Americans.”
According to reporter Lauren Clason, “the Speaker’s office says the version [of the plan that was leaked] is outdated.”
— Adriel Bettelheim (@abettel) September 10, 2019
— Lauren Clason (@LaClason) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- REPORT: Union County high school teacher reportedly told students VP Pence should be ‘shot in the head’
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings