REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is still a hard “no” on impeachment.
Even though more than half of House Democrats have lined up in support of launching a formal impeachment inquiry into President Trump, the California Democrat isn’t backing it.
She told her Democratic caucus in a Friday conference call that the voting public doesn’t support impeaching the president and that is who she will listen to on the subject.
The article states that Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman asked Pelosi how to answer questions from her constituents about impeachment. The report goes on to state the following:
“The public isn’t there on impeachment,” Pelosi told Watson Coleman. “It’s your voice and constituency, but give me the leverage I need to make sure that we’re ready and it is as strong as it can be. The equities we have to weigh are our responsibility to protect and defend the Constitution and to be unifying and not dividing. But if and when we act, people will know he gave us no choice. If he cannot respect the Constitution, we’ll have to deal with that. It’s about patriotism not partisanship.”
Speaker Pelosi again defended current approach, said “if” the House pursues Impeachment, it’ll be because Trump “gave us no choice.”
— Heather Caygle (@heatherscope) August 23, 2019
In conference call this afternoon, Pelosi told House Democrats, “the public isn’t there on impeachment,” but repeated what she has said before about how growing clamor for it among members gives her “leverage.” “If & when we act, people will know he gave us no choice.”
— Julie Davis (@juliehdavis) August 23, 2019
“If he cannot respect the Constitution, we’ll have to deal with that.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son
- VIDEO: Horrifying Attack Unfolds On Man In Ilhan Omar’s District
- REPORT: Morning Joe’s Mika suggests Trump isn’t Barron’s father