REPORT: Pelosi and 14 Dems heading to Madrid for UN climate change convention
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) will lead a delegation of congressional Democrats to the United Nations climate change conference in Madrid next week, her office announced Saturday.
Pelosi and 14 other Democrats from both chambers of Congress will attend the 2019 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, also called COP25, her office said.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is a privilege to accompany a high-level Congressional delegation to Spain to combat the existential threat of our time: the climate crisis,” Pelosi said in the statement.
The report lists the other Democrats joining Pelosi on the trip as:
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Democratic Reps. Frank Pallone Jr. (N.J.), Eddie Bernice Johnson (Texas), Raúl Grijalva (Ariz.), Kathy Castor (Fla.), Betty McCollum (Minn.), Suzanne Bonamici (Ore.) Julia Brownley (Calif.), Jared Huffman (Calif.), Scott Peters (Calif.), Debbie Dingell (Mich.), Mike Levin (Calif.), Sean Casten (Ill.) and Joseph Neguse (Colo.).
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) November 30, 2019
The Speaker of the House cannot conduct foreign policy or make any agreements with foreign leaders, nor does the Speaker have any sway over treaties as treaties are voted on in the Senate. #NancyPelosi #ClimateActionNow #ClimateChange #ClimateChangeIsReal https://t.co/hTn7zMxV0u
— Andrew Wilkow (@WilkowMajority) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: New alarms raised about a popular home security company
- BREAKING: House Judiciary Committee VOTES on articles of impeachment against Trump, Gohmert leaves nothing to chance [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Supreme Court announces decision on whether to hear case on Trump’s tax returns
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- VIDEO: Live coverage: House Judiciary to vote on impeachment after surprise delay
- REPORT: Top Pentagon official announces resignation, second within week
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- VIDEO: WATCH LIVE: Democrats, Republicans battle it out in final House impeachment hearing
- EXCLUSIVE: Miracles do happen, here is the proof